Saturday, May 7, 2022

Got Legs!

 

I really liked the light legs on this bird. Usually I make the legs dark, so I decided to change it up.

Here are the fabrics I chose. The one on the far left is the fabric I used for the legs in the bird above.

This gold fabric is used on a fabric with a very slight print, so it isn't a WOW.


As you can see, these legs are a lot lighter than the fabrics I traditionally use. But here is a surprise...

Hmmm.., Wonder what it is?

I think it's supposed to be dragonfly wings. Just goes to show you how there is more to your fabric than you think.
Here are my completed leg panels.


If you want to make birds, you can get my tutorial here.

5 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

I like the legs - a lot. Happy to see you playing around with something "not" so much what you typically do.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Great variety of leg choices. They all work nicely. They probably can't wait to get some wings and heads.

Peggy said...

Love these legs, Happy Mother’s Day!

QuiltGranma said...

Men (and women too) like good looking legs. If/when I start making birds, then once again I WILL have good looking legs too!

Quilter Kathy said...

I am whistling at those spectacular legs! LOL