Sunday, October 24, 2021

Deep Space is Finished

 

Yeah, I know this isn't a quilt. I live in New England, where we have beautiful fall foliage. What that means is that after the leaves change color they fall to the ground they have to be raked up. These six bags represent about a third of the leaves that have to be collected. 

The Deep Space quilt is finished. Because the binding was essentially black, it was tricky to do at night because the light wasn't as bright. (Hey, I'm north of 60. I need brighter light to see when I sew on dark fabrics.) I was able to do a lot of the sewing on the binding one afternoon last week. It was sunny and made a huge difference. I'll take beauty shots of the quilt later today. I kinda have to because it's supposed to rain the rest of the week.

While I have been working on the quilt I threw it over the back of the couch. MOST OF THE TIME Millie has been napping on it. But when I wanted to take a picture of her, she was elsewhere. When I finally sat on the couch she hopped up next to me and MEOWED LOUDLY! 

When I did not respond IMMEDIATELY she MEOWED again!

I lay down and she hopped on top of me, got comfy and started purring.


Good thing I could reach the remote, because she stayed there for two hours!



6 comments:

Nancy J said...

Warm slippers, Millie close by, that's all you need apart from the remote!!!

Cherie in St Louis said...

Deep space looks so rich and wonderful. Gotta love a cat that gets what she wants ;-) Napping ON Mom, not something you’d catch her doing in her younger years, right?

Quiltdivajulie said...

Priceless kitty photo.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Our leaves are just starting to fall so we don't have to collect yet, although I am going to clean off the part that collects at the edge of the curb so water flows to the gutter. I bet you feel great having a quilt so close to a finish!

Just Ducky said...

What part of "sit still so I can sit on you" don't you understand?! Millie we can't get our humans trained, can we?

Quiltnhen said...

Sounds cozy and wonderful!