Monday, August 9, 2021

A Day Off

 

My boss encouraged me to take Friday off. Who was I to refuse? What did I do with my three days off? Not much. I changed out the table quilt for August, and set out the bowl that Julie gave me for my birthday. It's one of her husband Larry's creations. I have several.

The fabrics I will use for the backing of the Pink Panther quilt have arrived. I will use the stripe at the top (each stripe is about 10 inches wide) and the teacups. I might use some others. The birds and the colored raindrops might be used for binding. There was only 1/2 yard of the birds.

I also bought this panel. I haven't decided if I will use it or not.

I watched the Olympics, and some tennis, and did some laundry and cleaned out my refrigerator. Otherwise I pretty much took it easy.
 

I like to check out my reviews on my Etsy page. I found this one:

"The instructions are exceptionally good. Great pictures."

and this one that really made my day:

"The pattern was very easy to follow and customize. Decided to make just one bird to try it out and ended up with 35 before I stopped...."


2 comments:

Megan said...

I love the pic of the bird quilt that a customer included in her review published on July 5 - the high heels and matching handbag on one of her birds are a hoot!

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Linda Swanekamp said...

Good to see you relaxed and played with fabric. We all need to as these times are fraying mental health at a rapid pace.