Thursday, May 27, 2021

In Pieces

 

You know me with puzzles (of all kinds). Once I sink my teeth into one I just can't let go. The other night I was working on this after dinner and when I looked up it was time for bed.

This is another 1,000 piece puzzle. I love doing them, but clearly it distracts me from the sewing studio. Actually, if I had a project going it wouldn't, but I am between projects. My dad wants me to make a quilt for the lady priest in his parish. She has been very good to him. I will make a quilt, but I have to figure out what I want to do. Actually I have an idea and part of a plan. When I am done with these oranges I'll get to it. Probably this weekend.


My new cubicle is set up at the office. It's just about where my old one was. I've been in touch with the IT guy about what I need (keyboard, wireless mouse, two monitors, two network connections, etc...) I have started to pack stuff here. And I'm going through all my papers. Clearly I don't need to lug it all back. I'm kinda looking forward to going back to the office to see people, and to have my own home office back to myself.


8 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Cool puzzle!

JustGail said...

That puzzle would make awesome fabric.

I'm glad you are looking forward to returning to the office. I know some who absolutely don't want to go back even though they love the work they do, and covid/vaccine issues are the least of their reasons.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Sounds like you will have your house back as your sanctuary/studio. Puzzles make me crazy, you picked a beautiful one.

Cherie in St Louis said...

Oh, what a fun puzzle! I love doing puzzles and absolutely know what you mean….next thing you know it’s time for bed!

Sherrill said...

Such a beautiful puzzle!! I got a couple of 1,000 piece as my firsts. But after a bit, I decided it was too much time away from quilting and reading so packed it up and will pass along.

Wendy said...

My mother recently completed the same puzzle! I did a double-take when your page opened to see whose page i was on. I agree with the poster that said this would be a great fabric.

Dorothy said...

I love puzzles !! My kitties do too. I do NOT like crawling on the floor looking for the pieces they have knocked down.

MissPat said...

I love jigsaw puzzles, but don't have the space to set one up and leave it. So I get my fix by doing them online. Can't get much bigger than 300 pieces due to monitor size, but they are satisfying because you can finish one in an hour or two.