Saturday, March 27, 2021

WGO

 

I got my second Covid-19 vaccination on Thursday morning. They moved the site to an empty department store in a local mall. 

 Somebody clearly has a sense of humor, as I found this mannequin (above) all decked out with a mask, hard hat, face mask, and gloves. This gal is holding a syringe and flowers. I particularly liked the way this mannequin is "dressed." Note the collar, pocket with pen, and belt.

UNLIKE the first time, however, the second dose kinda knocked me for a loop. I had a slight headache at the back of my head, and the next day I woke up feeling sore all over my body and a general fuzziness in my head. My boss told me to take it easy and spend the day on the couch, resting. I was also told to drink a lot of fluids. My Noom diet has me drinking (and tracking) five glasses of water a day, so that part was pretty easy.

Speaking of Noom, I have so far lost 17.5 pounds. Like most people, I had gained weight during the pandemic, but I am proud to say all that weight, plus more, is gone.

Megan's quilt arrived in Australia four days after I shipped it. It took a day to get through Customs, and was then directed to a local FedEx facility, where it has sat for three days. The scheduled delivery date is March 30, three more days away. It's nice knowing where it is, and that it is safe, but I'm having a hell of a time being patient.

I decided to get a jigsaw puzzle. I loved doing them as a kid with my family, and I thought it might be fun to fiddle with as a way to relax at night. When it arrived I realized I didn't have a place to put it, so I ordered a puzzle board.

This one is big enough for the finished puzzle and all the pieces. It has four drawers that slide in and out, and a thick cover to set over it when not in use. It's really nifty, and the best part is that the whole thing slides right under my couch when not in use.

I really should have paid more attention when I ordered the puzzle though. I chose what I thought was the prettiest puzzle, but it really is a hard one. I'm not going to give up though. I'll figure it out.

5 comments:

Just Ducky said...

You can do the puzzle, like putting a quilt together. Yay for second vaccine shot.

Elle said...

Oh yippee! Love this puzzle board. I have some made by my now-deceased brother-in-law and my niece really wants some. I've just ordered this for her bridal shower gift! Who needs tradition right?

Happy puzzling!

Linda Swanekamp said...

I am on week three of shot 2 side effects. The fatigue and fogginess have not gone away as well as a couple of UTIs that happened after the shot. My neck lymph nodes are all swollen. I know most people have no reaction, but that does not help me right now. Getting only a little sewing done. Puzzles make me insane althought the grandkids love them.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I wonder if you went to the same mall for your vaccinations as my Mom and Dad, they went to Belknap. I had a similar reaction after shot #2 to yours. Still, much better than getting COVID!! My husband and I began jigsaw puzzling together last year, it was a pandemic side-benefit. We have one going all the time now. We even ordered Easter puzzles for our children's families this year, passing along the family fun!

Poppy Q said...

I've only had the first vaccination yesterday and my arm is sore. Will plan for the 2nd one on my days off so I can chill on the couch.