Friday, November 6, 2020

Four Rows

I am sewing the All Together Now blocks together in vertical rows. There are four vertical rows sewn together.

This pattern, the every-other-same-shape is called a "counterchange pattern." It is a design in which a certain color of the motif and its ground are reversed. Here the motif is a triangle. I chose this design because I liked the graphic quality of it - the very "design-ness." I had thought that you would see triangles together making bigger and bigger diamonds, but the pattern is so relentlessly repetitive, you don't see that. It makes a great scrap quilt, and yet it is very modern and doesn't look "scrappy."

I like it more and more the more I work on it. 

 

This is a scrap slab triangle quilt, and you can get my tutorial here, at my Etsy shop, if you want to make one.



 

 

I've been watching CNN and am impressed as hell with John King and his "Magic Board."

2 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

You and a lot of us, too. Like this quilt EVER SO MUCH -- it will always be welcome here in TN.

Nancy said...

I am a Steve Kornaki fan. Those magic boards are amazing. So much information at our fingertips