Thursday, November 12, 2020

All Together Now is a Flimsy

 

The scrappy triangles quilt is now a flimsy, all sewn together. I was pretty cavalier about it. I forgot to square up each block so it probably isn't the flattest quilt I have ever made.

It needs a small border, and I thought this would work, but clearly this is wrong. I'll use white with black. Maybe a black & binding.

Two of my closest friends have already told me how much they love this quilt. I like it too, a lot more than I thought I would.



7 comments:

Dorothy said...

Once again you have stolen my heart with one of your quilts. I know that you are the expert with color, placement, etc., but I would do a small inner border of black and then go from there.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I just love the way the light triangles have so much sparkle and texture. It really brings out the pops of color in the blacks. The whole quilt is a definite winner. Thanks for sharing the process and the product.

The Selvage Fairy said...

I've heard it said of sculpture that the statue is already there, you just have to carve away the rest of the stone. When you have a stash made up of lots and lots of really great fabric, I suppose it is much the same. You dig around until you find the quilt.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Like the Selvage Fairy said . . . your stash is full of amazing quilts waiting to happen.

MissPat said...

This is very cool.

Julia G said...

I love this quilt. The little pops of color in the black are really great.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Scrappy and a graphic design, what's not to love?