Saturday, September 26, 2020

This is the Same as That

 The thing about the asterisks is...

They are symmetrical.

AND LOOK! When you rotate it a little bit it it is STILL symmetrical.  Check this out:

An asterisk where the block tilts LEFT looks exactly like...

An asterisk block that tilts RIGHT.

So when you're trying to put some blocks together and you get this klunky thing in the lower left, 


You just rotate that sucker so it'll be easier to sew. 

It isn't rocket science, but it is definitely a brain twister. To somebody like me, who lives for puzzles, this is a fun nut to crack, even if the air does turn blue when I am doing it.

Here are a couple of in process pictures to show you how it's coming along.

That hole in the picture above is where a set in square will go.


Now about those comments yesterday:

Dorothy: Thank you, you are too kind.

Linda: It's just a one step at a time kind of thing. One thing at a time, one little bit. Don't worry about the rest.

JustGail: You go girl! What you said. DAMN I hate spoon feeding people who won't step up and try to figure it out for themselves (translation: THINK).

Julie: the seams look great and add interest when the quilt is in flimsy stage, but as soon as it's quilted those lines disappear. Even I can't find the three or four set in squares on the Flight of Fancy quilt, and I walk by it every day.

Mrs Goodneedle: You are so right. A very wise woman said to me once, "When it's important enough, people will find a way to do just about anything."


Here's my road map. The colored sections are done, and you can see me changing my mind as I go. There is no right or wrong, and no matter how I sew it up, nobody will know (or care) if I followed my plan exactly.






 






2 comments:

Unknown said...

Too bad if they do say its not the same as you said it would look its your quilt to do what you like with. And if they are that pedantic tell them they are not spending enough time sewing their own orignal quilts go do that than spend time criticizing other peoples quilts. love it

Marsha L said...

I'm loving your asterisk blocks, and watching the process of putting them together.