Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Stash Replenishment and Quotes


I did a little bit of stash replenishment. These are half yard cuts.

I chose fabrics because I liked the colors and the patterns.

I don't have anything particular in mind for these, but my stash is rather depleted, and it needs some livening up.

Actually, I suppose I really need to get my butt in the studio and start doing something SERIOUS, but I can't decide what.

I might want to make a word quilt. Here are some phrases I have in mind. Let me know what you think:

1. Change partners and dance. (John Hatch)

2. Leap and the net will appear. (John Burroughs)

3. It's never too late, that's what erasers are for! (My son)

4. A clean house is a sign of a mis-spent life.

5. This is my happy place.

6. It's only fabric, it isn't gold. (me)

7. Don't believe everything you think. (Allan Lokos)

8. A party without cake is just a meeting. (Julia Child. She has a lot of good ones here.)

9. When you doubt your power you give power to your doubt. (Diane von Furstenberg)

20 comments:

Liz Tamiso said...

Gorgeous stash enhancement!!! I vote for 1, 8, and 7

Quiltdivajulie said...

First choice #3. Second choice #7. Third choice #1.

Great stash additions - I've been doing a bit of fill in, too - most of it is taking forever to arrive due to delayed COVID-related shipping from the e-tailers. Good thing I'm not in a hurry for any of it.

patty a. said...

There are some good quotes there! I have a book I keep quotes in and planned one day to make a quilt with them like "If your not getting older, your dead." Tom Petty.

Rebecca said...

Its never to late...
Thats what seam rippers are for!

Rita K said...

Number 2. Definitely.

JustGail said...

Since I'm not in the mood for serious this morning, I vote 4, 6, or 8. Or Rebecca's modified "never too late"

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

My favorite is #8. Always need cake.

Just Ducky said...

4 and 7. Plus I will add one. I can never die, I have too many books to read.

You do your fabric stash like I do my yarn. I get nervous if I don't have enough, or more than enough.

The Selvage Fairy said...

Does #8 imply that any meeting that HAS cake is a party?

cees said...

for me ... number 8 ... and yes, if there is cake there is a party

Ann said...

I go for 8, too. Or 7. What fun you will have with this and some new fabric.

Fabric Fanatic said...

I vote for #5....This is my Happy Place.
I just picked up a book called morse code quilts. The quilt tops are made with a sentiment that is done in morse code. I plan on making one at some point. Some are made with each letter a different color, some all the letters are the same color, but they are spaced out in a way to let you know how many letters in a word (like wheel of fortune) and all are made with dots/spaces between letters
(square) and dashes (rectangle) pieces. Very graphic and beguiling. You decide on the size of the dots and dashes based on how many words and the size of quilt you want to make.


Michele in Harrisburg said...

I like #2 as that's a new one for me. And #3 and #8 are great. Heck, why not do them all? With how fast you work, you'll probably have them all done in a month. :)

Susan Smeltzer said...

I vote for #3 and #7.
I do like # 6 but for some that's a heated argument. So maybe that's the one you need to do. Do them all and love the doing.

MissPat said...

I had a refrigerator magnet that said "Creative minds are rarely tidy" and still have one that says "organized people are just to lazy to look for things".
Pat

Susan said...

I like 2, 7 and 9.

jackiet said...

Love your new fabrics. I vote for 3,7,8.

El-Fee said...

I vote for #4.
Birgit

Megan said...

"I'm not here to be average; I'm here to be awesome."

Megan
Sydney, Australia

abelian said...

“Be original. If you’re like somebody else, what do they need YOU for?” Bernadette Peters.