Monday, July 27, 2020

Mo Yo!




My mother wants a yellow zebras quilt. I'm not going to make her one exactly like mine, so I had to work out just what I did want to do, and wait for fabric I ordered online. That fabric has now arrived, and I'm in the process of washing and ironing it. Regular readers know that no piece of fabric comes into my studio without going through what I affectionately call "the washing machine shuffle."

I arranged my leftover triangles into something I might make for my mom. This is just a preliminary idea, a sketch, a doodle. All that will change when I start sewing strips together and cutting them into triangles. Speaking of which...

When I was picking up some quilts at Janet-Lee's I showed her a printed copy of the Zebras tutorial. She told me she knew of a person who could create plexiglass templates if I wanted real ones made. At first I rejected the idea, but then I thought, why not, and gave the person a call. These lovelies arrived about a week later.

I thought THAT was such a good idea, I decided to have a 2-3/4" ruler cut as well.

NOW BEFORE YOU ALL GET ANY IDEAS...
I am NOT going to have these to sell. I do not have the place to store an inventory of them, and I do not have the kind of packing materials needed to ship them, and I do not have a relationship with a carrier to deliver them. The world changes every day (don't we all know THAT right now) so this may not be a permanent decision, but for now the answer is no. Don't even ask me for the name of the company that made mine. They won't inventory them for me. 





4 comments:

Cherie in St Louis said...

LOL, you should never have posted about them....if you give the someone a peak at something and say they can't have it, you KNOW someone, somewhere is going to ask, he he he he! I love that your 2.75" ruler is orange :)

Curlygaga said...

I have a friend that had some templates made for making masks. Tap plastic is the name of the business she went to.
If I went out and about, I would have some made too.

Ruth said...

How Beautiful that zebra quilt of leftover triangles is!! Yellow with a touch of green...gorgeous!
Your rulers look fantastic.

Ann said...

It's about time for me to collect some more yellows. These are lovely. So bright and cheerful. Just what we need now.