Sunday, May 10, 2020

It's the Little Things

This where the Sapphire quilt was a week or so ago when I took it off the design wall because there was something about it that bugged me, even though I wasn't sure what it was.

After resolving all the other open projects, I figured I should put this back up on the wall so I could look at it. It took longer than I thought, because these blocks were so particular. When I put them back up I deliberately left off the things that bugged me so I could look at them with a fresh eye.

I made a few changes, nothing really big, but I like this best.

 In the bottom photo I have added fabric I will use as a border for this.

I've changed the title though. It's no longer Sapphire. Now it is Aquamarine.


Happy Mother's Day to all Moms out there.

5 comments:

Mari said...

This is spectacular, Lynne. My favorite by far. Happy Mother's (and Grandmother's) Day to you as well!

Quiltdivajulie said...

The border strips made a LOT of difference.

Robby said...

Those border strips are like the setting that makes the stone sparkle best. Lovely!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Great resolution. Beautiful border.

QuiltGranma said...

Love it, love the blue, love the gradations!