Saturday, April 25, 2020

In a Rut

It's said that you can't get out of a rut until you know you're in one. I like a lot of this, but not all of it, so I've been tinkering a bit, and finally I am just tired of looking at it.

So I took it off the wall and started playing with the Oh-So-Modern blocks. I wondered what it would look like if I used the similar blocks to surround some diamonds. It was OK.

Looking back through my pictures I saw this, which I liked better.

I put the blocks on the design wall and then tinkered. After a while I had this, and I'm pretty happy with it. I'll leave it up there for a bit, and then I'll start sewing it together.

My studio is kind of a mess, and this will help me clean it up. Then I'll really clean up the studio and give my brain a bit room to breathe. Gonna get me out of that rut.

This is the same layout as the Golden Zebras and the Parade of Zebras quilts.

Woo hoo!

4 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Those designs are SEW amazing!!! Hope you work your way out of that rut soon.

Quiltdivajulie said...

That layout is a winner - each version you've made with it is exciting and fun. Good luck resting the brain and clearing up the studio. A good clean up helps in so many ways.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love the last layout. Mixing the yellow around gave it some snap.

stitchinpenny said...

Hopefully you have climbed out of the rut. The virus seems to have even the best a little off kilter. Hope you decide what is best for your quilts and that the beauty lifts your spirits.