Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Down the Drain... NOT

We all know that "stuff" happens and when it does it's always at the wrong time. After working in the studio Sunday morning, I walked into the bathroom to take a shower.

The floor was wet. That was weird. I wiped it up. It leaked more. I pulled the shower curtain aside and the tub looked like my garbage disposal threw up in it.

So you can see where this is going...

The "guy" came and poked around. Nothing seemed to be working. He went under my house and came back to tell me I had a clogged drain pipe and he had to replace it.

A couple hours later, after replacing a section of 3" diameter pipe that was apparently plugged up solid, everything was running much better.

So much for a relaxing Sunday afternoon.



You know what they say about when it rains...

5 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

How does that happen to a pipe draining from the shower? Inquiring minds, you know, lol.
xx, Carol

Kris Quilts said...

Thank goodness the mess was contained in the tub.. Sorry your day didn't turn out as you hoped!

JustGail said...

And on a Sunday of course. How do things know it's the weekend? Or a house full of guests is arriving in 2 hours? I'm glad all got fixed up fast.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Glad it was taken care of with no damage and while you were at home, not at work.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Hooray for people who can resolve issues like this - life will be better now with pipes that drain correctly.