Monday, January 13, 2020

I'm So Charming!

Charm quilt:  A charm quilt is typically a one patch quilt where no fabric is used more than once.

THEREFORE:
This is a Charm Quilt. (Magic Carpet)
I feel charming...

This is a Charm Quilt. (Fifty-Eight Carats)
Oh so charming...

This is a Charm Quilt. (Geode)
It's alarming how charming I feel...

All three of these quilts are made with one block (in this case a large diamond) and in each of them, each fabric is used only once.

I love nothing more than strictly adhering to a rule and blasting it to smithereens at the same time.

Sadly, I have been asked if there are patterns for each of these quilts. (Cut large diamonds from 58-65 large prints and then arrange them as desired.)

Yeah, no pattern. Sorry folks.

Sorry, not sorry.



lyrics from "I Feel Pretty" from West Side Story.

7 comments:

stitchinpenny said...

There couldn't be a pattern because what makes the quilt amazing is the way you combine fabrics. If it were made of solids it would be interesting but not breathtaking. What I love about it is your style. Please keep doing you and please let the rest of us drool over your quilts.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Like stitchinpenny said . . . (great post BTW)

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The pattern would have to start out with : Go fabric shopping for many years. Cut one piece (your desired shape) from each fabric. How many would continue?

JustGail said...

I think you did just give the pattern!

I wonder if those asking for a pattern are wondering more along the lines of how many diamonds to make a certain size of quilt?

Sewing Sue said...

Many are thinking "Please don't make me do math!!" LOL...

O'Quilts said...

You did another great job!!! I love this.

Mystic Quilter said...

Stunning - all three!!