Sunday, January 12, 2020

A Very Nice Day

The northeast US is experiencing unseasonably warm weather. When I woke up this morning it was pouring rain, which is in and of itself highly unusual for this area in January. Normally, the daytime temperatures hover around freezing, 32F. If the temperature gets above 40F, native New Englanders refer to it as "a nice day.."

So when the temps went up to 60F, and the sun came out...

I actually opened the front door so I could enjoy the fresh air. Millie and I have both been out on the porch enjoying it.

In quilting news, the Geode quilt has taken a trip to its forever home. You'll see just where later. I am currently working on sewing the binding on the Spring of Teal quilt. I also have to sew the binding on the Whirlygig quilt, and prepare backings for Early Autumn and Not Paper Pieced.

On the home front I'm working my way through each drawer, cabinet, shelf and closet getting rid of the stuff I don't use or need and organizing what's left.

And oh, by the way, the movie Little Women is truly wondrous. Go see it.

1 comment:

Linda Swanekamp said...

It reached 67 here in Buffalo yesterday. It is 27 now. My head did not like the swing up or down. You certainly have been real busy.