Friday, January 3, 2020

Firebird All Sewn Up!

The Firebird quilt is now a flimsy. I've ordered fabric for a narrow border, and I've ordered backing fabric and fabric for a possible binding.

I found 11 more large diamonds, so now I have 125. I used 58 to make the Fifty-Eight Carats quilt, and 60 or 61 to make Magic Carpet, so I know I have enough. I sorted the blocks by color. I have more purple than anything else, but not a wide range of colors. I think there are two yellows and five or six greens. I have a glimmer of an idea but I won't know anything until I start throwing blocks up on the design wall. I have been toying with the idea of arranging the diamonds sideways - which will force me to do something different than the other two. I think it's going to be kind of fun.

Stay tuned!

4 comments:

Ann said...

Each one of these seems like "the most beautiful ever." This is my new favorite. Lovely.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Just gorgeous, Lynne. My new favorite also. I love how you use the term throwing blocks up on the design wall, makes me giggle.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Funny that you have more purple diamonds . . . and I like the horizontal idea (keeps you on your toes instead of doing what you've already done).

O'Quilts said...

These are just wonderful..