Friday, December 6, 2019

Schmetz Needles


Wow! I certainly did not expect that my bulk box of needles would be such a hit.

Mine are 90/14's and they last forever. I should tell you though, that 99.999% of my sewing is sewing patchwork, or two layers of cotton fabrics together. My friend Mary wrote to me and said, "I can't remember the last time I broke one..."

I got mine at Amazon, naturally. The link is here. (While you're at it, get an extra seam ripper. Or two. Here's my story.)

When I am applying binding and sewing through more layers and a layer of batting, I often use a needle that is good for sewing denim or jeans. Especially if I am also sewing attaching a hanging sleeve to a quilt.



5 comments:

SandraB said...

Your posts about tools of our trade are awesome. Thank you for that. Do you have any recommendations for a thimble. I know you don't hand quilt, just wondering if you use a thimble for binding.

R's Rue said...

Love.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I also buy my needles by the 100 box. Just too convenient and much less expensive. I love my Martelli dragon rotary cutter, my Clover ergonomic seam ripper and my TJ Lane open nail thimble. Good tools make ALL the difference

Quiltdivajulie said...

That should be Martelli ERGONOMIC (who knows where the phone's spell checker came up with "dragon" ?!?!?!?!!!)

Millie said...

I wondered where that "Dragon" came from!