Wednesday, November 27, 2019

More Dinos!

The Dinosaur Diamonds quilt is back from the long arm quilter, and is ready for binding. As you can see the quilting is happy flowers.

It's really pretty (at least I think so.)

For the binding I am using the small dinosaur prints in 20" lengths all around the quilt.


With the long holiday weekend coming up, I'll be able to get the binding sewn down so it will be in the City of Angels for Christmas.

One of my coworkers was giving me a hard time about this quilt. "Well, you've got your marching orders there, Grandma," they teased. They don't get it. I've basically been waiting my whole life to get a request like this.

"Hey, Memere, can you make me a dinosaur diamonds quilt?" 

I mean, like, really?



Happy Thanksgiving!

10 comments:

Nancy J said...

Waiting, choosing fabric, cut stitch quilt, bind, and the end is in sight, this is the most wonderful finish of all.Can you wait to see that little face light up when it arrives?

Dorothy said...

I am sure it is one of the best requests you've gotten. Enjoy that smile when she sees it for the first time

Just Ducky said...

Labor of love, not marching orders!

stitchinpenny said...

They don't get it. The love of the child and urgency of the request fuel a desire to make a perfect response for her and you have succeeded!

Linda Swanekamp said...

I think kids have such a great affection for their own quilts. It is only when they grow up that they lose the joy- not all of them, thankfully.

Quiltdivajulie said...

You and I may be late-to-the-party grandparents, but we're making the most of it! Kudos to you for a "perfect" dino quilt.

Mystic Quilter said...

Wonderful quilt for your little grand-daughter, what fun she'll surely have picking out all her favourite dinsosaurs.

Robby said...

It's always a delight when someone asks for something special you can create. When it's someone so dear to you, it's fabulous. There's so much to discover on this quilt, perfect for your sweet recipient.

PoseySlider said...

I love your words: I've basically been waiting my whole life to get a request like this.
"Hey, Memere, can you make me a dinosaur diamonds quilt?"
Mine came in the form of this query: "Grandma, do you think you could make me a Darth Vader quilt?"
Happy to oblige.

JustGail said...

Fantastic quilt - you'll have a very happy granddaughter. The scrappy binding is the perfect finishing touch.