Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Brown Barn

I saw this barn on the road home from Peterborough. I've driven by it several times, but this day I had the sense of mind to stop and take pictures.

I took the pictures from across the street. It's a big barn.

It has many of the features of a traditional New Hampshire barn, and a few "adjustments.

 I don't know if the owners in the house across the street noticed me ogling their barn.

It's really a gorgeous barn in its simplicity.

I may have to do something with it.

8 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

It is a beautiful barn. Thanks for sharing the gorgeous photos.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Quintessential New England. Thanks for sharing.

Ruth said...

This brown barn is so Cool!! I love all the different directions of woodslats, and the fading, and the extra details around it, (including that just-beginning-to-turn -colors tree beside it!)
I remember Peterborough, NH. We lived in Nashua for 5 years. One Christmas we went over to Peterborough to see a marionette play called "Amahl and the Night Visitors." It was really interesting! The use of proportion in the seating area to increase the "size" of the marionette stage helped to keep every one enthralled.
Peterborough, NH is where Brigham Young was when he got word that Joseph and Hyrum Smith had been martyred at Carthage Jail, Illinois. That's a piece of Church History I hadn't known.

Ann said...

I've been there. Thanks for taking the photos I never did.

Dorothy said...

Love this barn--new style to me in the West. Thank you for sharing

Quiltdivajulie said...

Oh, yes -- you MUST do something with this -- there are just too many wonderful elements. Although, perhaps stopping, admiring, taking photos, and sharing with us counts as enough. Sometimes we fail to realize how important it is to STOP AND NOTICE.

Rose said...

What a beauty....and so interesting to look at. So glad you stopped and got pics.

Sherrill said...

I LOVE old barns..this one's a beauty!