Monday, September 23, 2019

Not Sewing

I finished the pink barn on Saturday, and I cleaned the studio and did this:

I made bread. (You can get my recipe & how to here.) It was actually because I made ricotta cheese. After I scooped the cheese into a container for a pasta recipe I will cook later this week, I was left with a white liquid (the "whey"). I used the whey as the liquid for making the bread, so I didn't waste anything when I made the ricotta cheese.

I don't have room in my freezer for the extra loaves of bread, so I gave two loaves to my family members who were only too glad to drive over to my house to pick it up.

My sewing this week will be limited to binding quilts, which I will do while I watch the remaining episodes of Country Music on PBS.

On Saturday I'll be teaching my Liberated Letters class at Quilted Threads.

If you can't attend the class, you can get my tutorial here, at my Etsy shop. It's an instant download, so you can get started right away.          

5 comments:

Dorothy said...

So, are we allowed to say that your bread is as beautiful as your quilts ??

Just Ducky said...

Mum is drooling over the bread.

Robby said...

I was just thinking last week that it was cool enough to bake bread now. Did you use the whey to replace the water? That seemed more logical than the milk, but never having used whey I'd love to know what an experienced cook does.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I'll bet your house smelled DEE-licious!!

Mickey's Musings said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
That bread sounds delicious!