Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Black Butterflies



 I liked the black butterflies in the Ghastly fabric, and wanted to use them in the quilt somehow
.
I had made a black butterfly for the quilt back in April, but I had made it with a white background, so it didn't really fit.

So I decided to make a black butterfly for the signature panel of the Not Paper Pieced quilt.

I think this is going to work. Now I just need to add the date.


If you want to make your own butterflies, you can get my tutorial here. 

If you are interested in learning how to make  free-pieced letters that don't use templates or patterns and AREN'T PAPER PIECED... you can get that tutorial here. Both tutorials are instant downloads so you can get started right away.

1 comment:

Quiltdivajulie said...

AWESOME -- now the black butterfly makes perfect sense!!!