Sunday, July 14, 2019

Binding the Magic Carpet

I was so engrossed watching Dr Jeff on TV last night that I came to the end of the binding of the Parade of Zebras quilt before I even realized it. So that's done, and I'll take it out for some Beauty shots later.

That meant I had to sew the binding on the Magic Carpet quilt, but when I went into the studio this morning before the Men's final at Wimbledon, I realized I had not even made it! So that's what I did.

Now that is sewn on and I can do the hand sewing all around it.


By the way, if you want to know all the details of how and why I sew my bindings to my quilts, you can get my tutorial here, at my Etsy shop. It's an instant download, so you can get started right away.

4 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Such wonderful colors. It is like a juicy fruit salad.

Mickey's Musings said...

Love the colours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is a beautiful quilt!

Suzanne said...

All of the big floral diamonds are beautiful, but I love your backing fabric! Can you tell me what it is, please?

Ann said...

Beautiful fabrics beautifully combined. What fun you're having.