Sunday, June 23, 2019

R Redo

I thought the tail of the R would look better when I added a fabric strip below it and the end would be covered by the seam allowance. But the angle of the tail was wrong.

So I took it apart.

Somehow the piece got turned upside down and I thought maybe it was an easy fix.

This fixes the problem...

but I don't like the look of it.

I tell my students that very often it's just more efficient to start over, so that's what I did. The top letter should answer the questions about what I do with "duds" or leftovers. I generally recycle what I can.

This was a vast improvement, but the top part of the R was too wide and too heavy.

Even though I had already sewn the background piece to the right of the letter, it was an easy fix. I sewed that seam again, just took a larger seam allowance.

Now I'm happy.

2 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

HAH - I'm not the only one who takes letters apart and repurposes portions to make a newer version. LOL

MomE said...

Yep, my observation was the tail of the R was to skinny for the size of the other strips in the R. Good luck. Love your blog.