Sunday, April 28, 2019

Not Paper Pieced

As I usually do on Saturday mornings, I head right into the studio after I've made myself a cup of hot chocolate (I don't like coffee). I was still in my nightgown and bathrobe. I have found that if i get dressed and make the bed, I won't get into the studio so I head right in first thing in the morning and get to work.


I looked at what I did yesterday and decided I had to change it up. I figured if I made the letters too perfect looking I'd be reiterating what paper piecing is - which is repetitive and regular. I realized I had to make the letters bounce around a bit, and NOT make the a and the e the same, or the e's the same in each word, so I decided to make some changes.

 I swapped the e's and made a new a and tilted some of the letters.

I also swapped the p and the d in pieced.

So anyway...


 It's getting there.




If you want to make free pieced letters that aren't paper pieced, you can get my tutorial here, at my Etsy shop. It's an instant download, so you can get started right away.


5 comments:

Dorothy said...

Love it. You are so wonderful in the design world. Can I be just like you when I grow up ??

Linda Swanekamp said...

I like the way you bounced the letters. The cat in the Quilt word is funny. It is reading as a whole unit now and can't wait to see how else it will be tweaked.

Mickey's Musings said...

I love to see the progression of your quilt making and the thought that goes into them. No wonder they look so amazing when you are done!
Nancy and the kitties

Quiltdivajulie said...

The border is going to be such a great addition -- it will be interesting to see how the "i" in pieced settles into place as the word is sewn together and sewn in place with the rest of the pieces and parts.

Bambi Pearson said...

It's looking wonderful Lynne. Can't wait to see the finished quilt.