Friday, March 22, 2019

Your Point of View

Sometimes I forget (ok, I often forget) how I think is different from the way a lot of people think.  My lovely Beta Posse has been making my letters and one of them made what she thought was an epic fail. She attempted a V. Here is her result, below.

I took one look at it and thought it was very good, and I could see where she thought she did it wrong.

She DIDN'T do it wrong. She did it PERFECTLY. But sometimes a change in perspective makes all the difference. I fixed her V. Remember, I had only a photo to work with.

All I did, ALL. I. DID. was rotate the letter a bit, and crop it judiciously.

It just goes to show how easy it is to slip into a way of looking at things that goes with what we expect, and how sometimes it's hard to see something in a new light. We all do it.


Let this be an AHA moment!


And  I am so sorry that in my rush to get a post up yesterday, I neglected the whole reason for the post - how beautiful the quilt MHT2MEM looked on the back of my couch.


4 comments:

Poppy Q said...

The quilt looks beautiful on your couch.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I noticed the quilt first thing and got so distracted, I forgot to read the post.

Nancy J said...

The quilt, that was all I saw, looks wonderful.The letter, amazing what a little alteration will do.

Hubblebird said...

I'm still trying to figure out what the banana is doing on the couch!