Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Inspiration is...

I know I keep going on and on about finding inspiration. But finding out that YOU have given inspiration is even BETTER.

I received a package I was not expecting.  Inside was a note from my friend the Selvage Fairy.

Now, the Selvage Fairy and I have a running joke. She is a tailor who told me once she was afraid of getting into quilting because "everything about it tells me it is as addictive as crack cocaine."

Well, she isnt' wrong about that!  But check out what was in the box...

 .


Are these TOO COOL or what?


Needless to say, these lovely birds found a home among my Holiday decorations right away.

I love these. It is a wonderful gift, but the bigger gift is knowing I inspired my friend, and that she took an idea (she was in the very first bird class I ever taught) and did something with it.

That is the single biggest reason I teach. Because I love to see students use their own creativity.

5 comments:

The Selvage Fairy said...

Aww shucks.

Ann said...

What a kind thought to send these to you. You will enjoy the birds and the love for many years.

Just Ducky said...

What inspiration and what a lovely gift.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Totally and utterly awesome!

Sandy B said...

A most delightful and fun gift that you'll enjoy forever! I am so impressed with the creativity.