Wednesday, November 28, 2018

A Bird in the...?

OK, so I tried a bird. Looks passably successful here but...

The body disappeared. Birds need contrast, and I didn't want this guy to take over.

Along with everybody else I really liked the little red tree. Maybe he just needed a friend? Yup.

Yup indeed. This is it. This is what I will sew up for the signature panel of the Early Autumn quilt. Regular readers know I do not "drop the ball" on the back of my quilts. The backings are always chosen specifically for the quilt.

This is pretty much what it will look like. All the bits you see aren't sewn together and that is what I will do next.

I am teaching a Birds class at Quilted Threads on Saturday December 1. I have to prepare for that, so that will take precedence. And my studio is a mess and I want to clean it. I don't know what I will do next, but I am sure I will figure something out.

6 comments:

karen said...

Love the trees as part of the label.

stitchinpenny said...

People see how long it takes me to actually sew a quilt together and then want to know why I only make about 15 a year. Nobody knows how long it takes to pick the fabric, design the quilt and then return the room to a space that can be used to make the next quilt. Every time I say I will keep up in the sewing room and suddenly every flat surface has something I pulled out to see if it looked better than my original choice. I make simple quilts so I cannot even wrap my mind around what adding your level of originality would do.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Glad you settled on the trees as the label's accent.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Trees are perfect!

Ann said...

Double trees are even better than one. Like that old doublemint gum commercial.

Monty Q. Kat said...

The lowercase r in your name looks like a perfect perch for a bird. Just sayin'. ;)