Wednesday, June 20, 2018

A Diamond Start

When I haven't got a project (like a quilt) going on I get cranky. Not cranky angry, but I feel lost and untethered, and I don't like that feeling.  So I went into the sewing studio and looked at the fabrics I've been buying for the quilt for the next Diamond quilt. I've been adding to them so I have a big selection.

I shuffled them around and realized I had a good selection to make a Diamond quilt that could be viewed as "warm" or "gold" or "orange."  I want to make something that has a lot of appeal. I suppose I could probably re-make my mother's quilt, but I have photos I will use of that one, so I should be fine.

I started cutting the big diamonds and put them up on the design wall. I've made enough of these by now to know I don't need a lot of diamonds of any one fabric, so I cut two or three of some fabrics I thought would work. I have plenty of fabric, and can always cut more. Besides, things happen on the design wall that affect those decisions, and I need to notice those.

So I am getting started.

4 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Totally get that "cranky" feeling!!!

Megan said...

Yaaay - this is gonna be a fabulous next journey to go on with you.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Robby said...

You aren't kidding about "things happen on the design wall". I find myself relearning that from time to time. Looking forward to both the tutorial and watching the process of this new Diamond In The Rough.

Nancy J said...

And with some large diamonds, the wall is transformed into something quite beautiful, even in the early stages.