Monday, May 28, 2018

Scrappy 64

Here are 64 square inside a square blocks. I had a lot of fun rummaging around through my stash to find some of these fabrics to make interesting pairs. I tried not to repeat any fabrics. (I decided it was OK to use a fabric as a center square and then an outer square.)

Next I'll cut each of these into quarters and then I'll shuffle the pieces and put them all back together until I have a flimsy 56" square.

It seems I m constitutionally unable to make a quilt without sewing something together and then cutting it apart and THEN sewing it together again. 

Which reminds me. I was in a chat room once with a bunch of other geeks. We were talking about the crazy things we did on our own time. Here is what I wrote: "I buy big pieces of fabric and cut them apart into little pieces of fabric and then sew them back together into big pieces of fabric again."

3 comments:

Dorothy said...

WHEW !! You are fast --16 done by Sat, 40 done by Sun, and all 64 done by
Mon !!! And I know you must do other things, do you sleep ? :-)

Quiltdivajulie said...

Happy Scrappy FUN!! I like that we can see the blocks as they are now and then once they're cut apart and re-sewn. And honestly, since you cut things apart and put them back together again, I don't think that is nearly as wacky as it would be if you cut them apart and then left them in little pieces (grin).

Sewing Up A Storm said...

That is a beautiful selection of blocks. Can't wait to see the big cut and reassembly! This looks like a really fun way to use up lots of large scraps of fabrics.