Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Mixed Up

The other night as I was going to bed I thought to myself, "Did I get anything done today except sew?" Well, I had made pancakes for breakfast, made a salad for lunch, and a good dinner. I washed all the dishes and watched the French Open tennis on TV, but nope. All I really did was sew those last 24 blocks together, so when I saw Dorothy's comment yesterday I had to laugh. Then again, the weather was lousy so I was "stuck" inside.

 It was a bit easier because I had paired them up earlier. I had meant to show this step first, but I was so involved making the squares, I forgot.

.
Four of these 48 fabrics never ended up in the quilt.

I cut all the blocks apart. And yes, I fussy cut this particular center square I placed JUST SO it would look like this when I did.

If you want to make some of these Slashed Squares, you can get my tutorial here, in my Etsy shop. It's an instant download, so you can get started right away.


No comments: