Tuesday, February 20, 2018

A Little Cleaning Up


It's amazing what you can do in an hour. I didn't have the energy to give the studio the big cleaning it needed, so I set a timer for an hour and started at one end of the room.


I added some pinks to the big decorative panel I ordered. It will be part of the backing for the Tickled Pink quilt.


I made a couple of pink birds.


I like the great big beak on this one, and his pink striped legs!

I spent a lot of time figuring out how to incorporate all these elements in the backing of the Tickled Pink quilt. That wasn't the hard part. It was calculating exactly how much fabric I needed to order that was giving me trouble. Finally I got fed up and ordered a yard or two extra. 


I don't usually prepare the backing of a quilt right after I finish it, and in fact, just before I started, I prepared the backing for the Wavelength quilt. I made it easy on myself on that one and ordered some "quilt backing" at 108" wide.


If you would like to make your own free pieced birds, you can get  my bird tutorial here, at my Etsy shop.

4 comments:

Nancy J said...

Oh, that purple is a glorious shade.

Ann said...

Your panels make wonderful quilt backs. Thanks for the tip.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Pinks and purples -- right up my alley!!! Thanks for the eye candy this morning.

sandi s said...

I just bought your bird pattern recently! I haven’t started any yet but I love them. Hugs,