Sunday, November 26, 2017

The Toy Quilt Takes Shape

The big W thing in this post just wasn't doing it for me. I rearranged the blocks so they created diamonds and I set them on point. I tried putting the light yellow blocks on top of the orange blocks to make a diamond, and the light blue blocks on top of the dark blue blocks, but that just didn't work. In a quilt with four colors (yellow, orange, light blue and dark blue) there just wasn't enough variation to make that successful. So I kept the diamonds to one color.

Even this was not giving me the excitement I was looking for.

Looking at the inspiration for this quilt, I decided to add some red blocks, as the center of the toy was red.

That definitely improved things.  Now I like where it is going.

Need to make more blocks!



If you want to make your own scrap slab triangle quilts, you can get my tutorial here, on my Etsy shop.

2 comments:

Nancy J said...

Looking great, and the brights so suit your design.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Definitely improved things! Love it!
.