Thursday, November 23, 2017

The Big W

I am still cutting side triangles for the next Scrap Slab Triangle quilt, but the design wall calling to me, so I threw some of the scrappy triangles up there in the big W design. It's oh-kay, nothing special, but I need more blocks to really find out for sure. This is more than a little bit monotonous. One thing I have learned about these quilts though, is the black and white side triangles really make this pattern sing.

It will be nice to have all these side triangles cut, but I am getting very bored with cutting them. I have a few more strips left, and then I will be making slabs.  Can't wait.


In other news, I am still very happy with the robot vacuum cleaner, and have learned about things that get it stuck (loose fabric, cords, and the curved legs of my dining room table.) I've already bought cord covers for some exposed electrical cords, and figured out how to prevent the robot from getting into the studio when I don't want it there. Basically, I have learned to let it run when I am home, so if it gets stuck I can fix it before the battery dies. BTW, it will run for about 100 minutes on a single charge.

The Colorado quilt is in Denver, and will be delivered to my brother on Friday. I am so eager to hear what he and J think.


If you want to make your own scrap slab triangle quilts, you can get my tutorial here, on my Etsy shop.

7 comments:

Nancy J said...

Big W looks bright and beautiful, the robot, so glad it is getting used and going well, and Friday, I wonder ??? It will be ooh and ahh for sure.Again and again.

Kucki68 said...

I was wondering how it would look if the colors really only read like a row of W and the additional slab was greyish and blended almost with the background.

Pat said...

I just want to know when Millie starts hitching a ride on the robot. :-)

Frog Quilter said...

I love your collection of neutral fabrics.

Quiltdivajulie said...

All that "boring" work now will pay off big time when it comes to the design phase!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Mine screams "HELP ME! HELP ME!" reminiscent of The Fly........

Eat Sleep Quilt said...

Another "W"onder in the "W"orks. I like your black and white fabrics, you have quite a selection; do you buy them mostly online?