Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Snow Day


Wow!

Thank you to all who commented yesterday. What a wonderful selection of names for this quilt. In the end, there was one that completely encapsulated all this quilt was about without getting too obscure or too cute. That was "Snow Day."

I am adding a border of random lengths of black and white fabrics that aren't too dark. The binding will also be a black and white fabric, but a mostly white one, and I've decided to have one slice of a bright color somewhere on the binding, just to keep up this idea of colors appearing and disappearing between the gusts of snow and the wind blowing the tree branches.

4 comments:

Cherie in St Louis said...

Julie is the QUEEN of naming quilts!!!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Perfect

Millie said...

Yes Cherie, Julie IS the queen of quilt naming. I called her yesterday after I made my decision and told her as much.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Thanks for appreciating my suggestion . . .it's hard to explain how I come up with quilt names but it does involve quiet time with the fabrics/flimsy or photos of them, a lot of free association of words and ideas, a bit of online research to track down the meanings/sources of vague thoughts, and random sparks of inspiration. It's a process.