Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Side Flaps

While "watching" TV last night, I decided to sew the side triangles to my scrappy slabs. The quilt looks so much different, and better, with them. I still have made half the blocks I need. There are more to come, but having them on the wall is better than having them in a stack somewhere.

I have triangles to make that are equally dark (Violet & Blue Violet) and some that are a bit lighter (Green) and some that are a bit brighter (Blue Green). I have to make sure I have a balanced chorus. I can't have too many Divas (Gold, Yellow Green) competing against each other. It's going to get interesting.

Like Yogi Berra said, "If you don't know where you're going you'll end up someplace else." I do have an idea where I am going, but I'm not married to it. And as the chorus master, I can kick the Divas out if I want to!

5 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Looking real terrific! Love the play of colors with the B & W prints.

The Selvage Fairy said...

Not to say that somewhere else is necessarily bad. I know you have had things pop up in surprise that worked out good.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Who knows? Maybe those divas will headline their own show!

ckrut said...

Love this. This has made me look at my scraps in a whole new way. Can't wait to see where the divas take you.

Linda Fleming said...

Love the mixture of colors!