Wednesday, May 7, 2014

LAX Kinetic Light Sculpture

I'm home from Los Angeles and my son's wedding. Everything about the trip (Except my Mom's black eye) was perfect.  The night before we flew home, my Mom and I stayed at the Radisson hotel which overlooks the entry to LAX. (LAX is the abbreviation for Los Angeles Airport.)


These are the large towers or "pylons" outside the airport, as seen from our hotel room.



I've flown out of LAX before, and arrived there when it was still dark, so I knew the large towers were lit up at night

What I did not know was that they changed colors.



.


all night long.


It was totally and completely cool. I actually moved a chair over to the window so I could watch the towers change colors. They are "active" every night from dusk till dawn.

What a treat! I enjoyed it so much. My Mom said she hadn't seen  me so giddy in a long time.

You can read more about them here.

3 comments:

Susan R said...

Humm...I see a quilt project in the future. A real artist sees what others don't. (Just my opinion.)

Have a wonderful flight Lynne. Come back soon. :-))

Quiltdivajulie said...

Like Susan said . . .

Camp Stanhope Happenings said...

Those are so cool! I would have sat and watched them, too, but I live in a very boring, flat, Iowa corn field neighborhood and I don't get to go away that often!! Also, my hubby's cousin lives in El Segundo pretty much right under the Fed Ex runway at LAX (and works for Boeing).