Monday, February 5, 2018

Little Four Patch Diamonds

 The first step to make the little four patch diamonds, is to pair two 2-1/2" strips of fabric together using a 1/4" seam. One of the fabrics is the background (here is is the light one) and the diamond itself (the dark fabric here.)

.

The diamond is a 60-degree diamond, so the next step is to cut the strips at a 60 degree angle, exactly 2-1/2" wide.


The points have to be trimmed. This helps line up the pairs together.


Next, match the pairs an sew them together, but you have to match them properly or the dark diamonds will not be lined up one on top of the other.

I press the seams open.  Ta-Da!

For the pink diamonds quilt (which hasn't got a name yet) I need 112 four patch diamonds. If I can get six out of one Width Of Fabric strip, then I need 19 pairs of fabric.

So here they are.

And YES! the quilt will be pink but I do want to have a few colors that pop - so the lime green, turquoise and purple will be in there too.  Of course, if I don't think they work when I design the quilt, I'll take them out.



3 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

All one light background? Or am I missing something?

Millie said...

I changed my mind.

frayed at the edge said...

I am looking forward to seeing how this progresses ......