Thursday, January 18, 2018

Wavelength Gets a QA Check


It may not have been obvious in other photos of the Wavelength Quilt, but these colors in the quilt are really intense and vivid.  Here, my cat Millie gives the flimsy the once-over.

I am happy with the way I have started pressing the blocks has really made a difference in how the quilt lies flat. Here's a view just before I pressed the last seam.

I've made a page showing all the scrap slab quilts in the same place, so you can compare them. It is very interesting how the selection and placement of the black and white side triangles contributes to the different "feeling" of each quilt.  I think it proves that having a wide selection of those fabrics improves your design options.

If you want to make a scrap slab quilt, you can get my tutorial here, at my Etsy shop. 



I'm going to take a little break and may be off line for a few days. I'll be reading, cleaning the office at home, watching tennis, and getting ready for my next class, free pieced birds at Quilted Threads in Henniker NH on January 27th.

And I've got to start writing my next series of tutorials - about how I make free pieced letters!


3 comments:

Ann said...

I always have difficulty getting the pressing directions correct. Kudos to you. So glad Millie likes the top.

Nancy J said...

QA , a Quilter's Assistant, by any chance? Those colours sing with happiness, this is a stunner all over.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Happy to see the photo of Millie with the top - the colors really are much more vibrant than earlier design wall photos showed. Just wait until it goes outdoors!!