Saturday, July 29, 2017

Brother & SIL birds

As I've been making these birds, I've been sending photos to my brother and his wife. They've enjoyed seeing the progress.

"What color are my wife and I going to be," my brother asked?

"You: dark green, dark blue," I texted back, "Your wife, I haven't decided but light blue, maybe rose and soft yellow. Definitely not showy."

 So here's my brother's bird. Note I used the same fabric in his beak as I did on his barn. Not an accident.

Here's the bird for my SIL. She's actually taller than my brother. The green beak is a nod to her green thumb and gifts with flowers.


As for the rest of the inspiration for her bird, all you have to do is look at her shirt.



If you are interested in making unique birds without worrying about paper piecing or working from a pattern, get my tutorial Lynne's Liberated Birds here, at my Etsy shop. It has everything you need to know.

2 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

All the birds so far are terrific. I have enjoyed watching each one make an appearance. I did buy your pattern, but have yet to make the plunge sewing one.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Two more truly excellent birds. This quilt is going to be fabulous!!