Monday, August 29, 2016

Deco Rose

When I started playing with the blocks for the pink Deco quilt, I lay the blocks out any which way. I knew that wasn't the way it was in the book, so I decided I'd try it out.

Each of the A blocks was arranged horizontally, and the B block with the small block was arranged vertically with the little block at the bottom.

So I thought this could work. I worked out a layout on the floor and then transferred it to the design wall.

Five versions later, I had this and I liked it.


I did make a couple of minor changes before I started sewing the blocks together during the day on Sunday.

Now the flimsy is finished, and the tentative name of this quilt is "Deco Rose," because the colors seemed more rosy than true pink.


6 comments:

Tangos Treasures said...

Love the quilt!!
Congratulations on your new Granddaughter!!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love the arrangement and the pops of color that make it sparkle.

Mari said...

Turned out beautifully! Love the little bits of turquoise to give it a little zing. "Miss Rosie" will love it!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I love this pattern. I love it in Pink or Blue. It's gorgeous.

DKM said...

Love it!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Deco Rose is a good name - easy to remember and suits the quilt perfectly. GORGEOUS colors!