I started putting the petals blocks up on the design wall.
All these fabrics came from my stash, and the point was to use fabrics from the stash and only from the stash. I'm a big believer in that a limited number of options increases the potential for true creative work, so I won't make more blocks, but I'll use the ones I have and make them work.
If you look closely, you'll find a change I made from the photos above. There was one area that was too mushy - the fabrics blended together in a bad way. I changed one block and it looks better, but I've got every block I made up on the wall, so there's not a whole lot of wiggle room.
Numbers are not my strong suit, and I found I have 108 blocks. This is nine block by twelve. I must stress I haven't really played much with the arrangement of the blocks and colors. Now that I have a starting point, I will move them around. In the beginning, I didn't know how many pink blocks I'd use, and found as I put the blocks on the wall that I had to use them all (or make more.) There is more pink at the top and bottom because of that. I'll definitely try to redistribute them throughout the quilt.
These look a bit dark to me, and in the evening light, they look darker. These photos were taken with a flash, and the layout looks better in the camera than on the wall. I'll be eager to see how they look in daylight.
OOPS! I just found two mistakes in the layout! Too funny. Well, too late now. I'll leave them there and see how they look later. I've said quilts have a way of telling you what they want. This one definitely isn't done talking to me.