Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Christmas Random Plank

It was nice to have something easy and creative to do during the hot weather of the last few days. I watched a lot of tennis while pinning the binding to the Christmas Random Plank quilt. Since this quilt is going to live on my dining room table during the Holiday season, I didn't want to spend a lot of money of a fancy fabric for the backing, so I bought a cute holiday fabric that was marked down after the holidays.

 After pinning and pinning and pinning, I selected a thread color and starting sewing the binding down.
After a trip through the washer and dryer, it's finished.

 (I have to work on getting better "beauty shots" for my quilts.)
Here's the whole thing spread out on the driveway and I think it looks pretty good!

11 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Yes, it does look good and I hope we'll see a post of the quilt on your table over Christmas!

Megan said...

Yes and it will look even better once Millie has dropped her fur all over it! LOL

Megan
Sydney, Australia

antique quilter said...

the quilt does look great, I love your binding choice, fun!
Kathie

Pat said...

That is a cheery and fun quilt. I'm with you on the 'beauty shots' of quilts - it's hard to find a good place to show them off.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Like that fence photo ...

What a great outcome for this project!! Woot! Woot!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It looks VERY good!!

lila said...

I love all of it! The fabric randomness is perfect, which you do so well.

carol fun said...

Great looking quilt! makes me want to get started on some Christmas quilting, but right now I'm stuck in Fall mode --

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

It looks wonderful! Great job.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

It looks wonderful! Great job.

Becky said...

I thought I wouldn't do any more jelly roll type quilts, but I do really like this one! Thanks for sharing!