Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Wonky Stars


I didn't like the way my stars turned out on the number panel of the quilt. They are shown above in the bottom row. I want my stars to have points. So I really studied them and tried again last night. I think I have two winners, shown in the top row. I'll be replacing them later.

I have been busy the last couple of days with the usual boring stuff: dishes, laundry, shoveling, cleaning, work, and some not so usual stuff: blogging about my bread and fixing my mother's computer... I am almost "caught up." You all know how it is!

I've got an idea of what to put on the right side of the house, and it isn't a giant cat. I've also sewn the strips together for the last three rows of "dots."

I'm in the home stretch...

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Lynn, your quilt is looking so great! I agree, I like the stars on top better too. You've put so much work into this one, I'm glad it's for you! I'm so impressed with your quilt - Wow! Can't wait to see it all done.

Clare said...

I like the one on the right - looks kinda spikey and I like spikey stars, but they take up a lot of space and I've found I can't make small ones!