Saturday, September 28, 2024

A New Black

 

I've decided to make a Black quilt, so when I was reorganizing my fabrics, I cut some blacks with bright colors.

I've paired some black fabrics. I am excited about this. I am still waiting for more fabrics, so I have to set this aside until they arrive.

I'm also planning a quilt for a friend of mine who has helped me out around the house several times in the last year. We have discussed colors, and I have to let that roll around in my head before I get started with that.

And I have started hand sewing the binding on the Peonies quilt.

HOWEVER...
I had an appointment with my financial advisor recently, and we were talking about the "what-ifs" and close calls in life when he mentioned that one of the staff members who had greeted me when I walked in had recently lost everything when his house burned to the ground in the middle of the night. He and his fiancee escaped with their lives - and nothing else - both were completely naked!  Immediately I said, "Can we make them a quilt?" My advisor practically jumped out of his seat. "YES! How much money do you need?" So I'll be making the couple a quilt. He is a drummer for a band in his free time, and she works in health care.


No comments: