Monday, July 1, 2024

Borders for the Peonies Quilt

 

I cut the strips for the border of the Peonies quilt, then joined then at a 45 degree angle, and as I was getting ready to sew it to the quilt, I looked over and saw a stack of pinks, and got an idea.

In the stack of pinks I had these strips, which I had cut for the Seminole patchwork dress I made for my granddaughter, but they would make a terrific inner border.  


I cut enough strips, sewed them together, and joined them to the quilt.

I was pretty happy with it, so then I added the lighter strips I had cut.


After I sewed the strips to the quit, I put it up on the design wall and took a step back.

It looked OK, but then I saw the darker strip at the top.

Yeah, that had to go.

So I unsewed it and replaced it with another light fabric from the quilt.

So now it is done. I like the pink inner border. It makes a very feminine and pretty quilt.




This is a scrap slab triangle quilt. You can make one too. You can get my tutorial here, at my Etsy shop

4 comments:

Nancy J said...

Perfect with inner pink and lighter outer, and that darker grey, you were so right to unpick it. I knew your eyes would find a way to make this sparkle with delight.!!!

Julierose said...

I love that pink inner border--a lovely "stop strip" before the final border...
it's so great when an idea just comes out of nowhere!! Nice work
hugs, Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

A real winer - this is so light and pretty and, of course, I love pink and green together. Glad you leaned into this one and let your self play with the pinwheel arrangement.

Linda Swanekamp said...

The borders really upped the game for this quilt. The colors and variety are luscious! What a wonderful quilt, a very happy vibe!