Thursday, May 16, 2024

Quilt in the Wild

 

It was unseasonably warm Tuesday afternoon, and it was gloriously sunny. I brought the "Awash in a Sea of Blue" quilt outside for beauty shots.

I think it's important to back up a bit when taking pictures of a quilt outside, so you can really get a sense of the scale of the quilt. This quilt is so graphic, it can really stand up to being seen from a distance.

I really like the way the sun highlights the quilting.

I wrote the quilt's story as I was making the quilt, so I was able to complete it after I took the beauty shots, while the quilt was in the washing machine. I had it printed and picked it up Wednesday at lunch, which was a good thing because I will be gifting the quilt soon.

I don't remember if I wrote about it, but this quilt was made in a specific person in mind. He's a very reserved, quiet guy, who loves baseball, hockey and fishing. He says he loves fishing so much he'd fish in a puddle. That was the impetus to make this quilt - a quilt about water.


This is a scrap slab triangle quilt, and if you want to make one, you can get my tutorial here, at my Etsy shop.

3 comments:

Lizzie said...

Oh my, even more gorgeous in the sunlight. It just glows!
Matt is a lucky guy.

Linda Swanekamp said...

The outdoor photos really showcase the colors and design. Super quilt!

Lizzie said...

It positively GLOWS in the wild outside!