Monday, April 8, 2024

Another Biast From the Past!

 

WAY BACK in 1988 or 1989, I made my son a pair of shorts and I incorporated a band of seminole patchwork, as you can see in the photo I took back then. I think my son was 8, and I'm kinda surprised he actually WORE the shorts, and not just to humor me. I have pictures of him at school wearing them.

Anyway, I have long thought Seminole patchwork was sixteen kinds of awesome, and I still do. I think the shorts were pretty stylish then, and I think any cool kid would be happy with them now. It was super easy to insert a bit of seminole patchwork into a pair of shorts.

It's always nice to see the recipient of a quilt beam with pride when they are wrapped in a gifted quilt, but quilts are a bit hard to show off in public. One of the nice things about Seminole patchwork is how easy it is to incorporate into things we make for our loved ones.

The new Seminole Patchwork tutorial is in the final draft phase. Now I get to send it to my intrepid editors, which is when the real work begins.


Stay tuned!



No comments: