Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Arrowheads

 

I've had a lot of fun making blue scrap slab triangles. Here you can see some of the different fabrics.

I am always amazed at how many layout variations there are in the Scrap Slab Triangle Quilts. I am going to arrange these blue triangles in up and down vertical rows, almost like arrowheads.

As I did in Black Abacus, I plan to arrange the light side triangles so they sort of blend together. 

Now, before you get worked up about the arrangement of the triangles, bear in mind this is the first go round. Before I can really arrange the blues so the values do something interesting I have to get them up on the design wall first, so that's all I've done. 

I already know I'm going to like this one.




This will be a Scrap Slab Triangle Quilt. You can see more of these quilts here. You can get my tutorial for these quilts here, at my Etsy shop. It's an instant download, so you can get started right away.




2 comments:

Nancy J said...

I like it, but knowing you, from a distance down here admittedly, I am sure this will be rearranged several times until you are SO happy with the final layout, it will get sewn together. Arrowheads for sure.

Ginny said...

I am always amazed by the process you use for your quilts. I find it amazing to watch them grow, change, perhaps change a few more times and then become a finished quilt.