Thursday, February 8, 2024

Preparing for the Spa

 

My #1 machine has been moved from the studio. It is getting ready for a trip to the Sewing Machine Spa.

It will be gone a week. 

In the meantime I have elevated my #2 machine, my Bernina, to the prime spot in my sewing studio.

I have been digging through my leftovers. Would be kinda fun to figure out a way to put all this stuff together into a fun quilt. Maybe a quilt for the car - for picnics and the beach. Lord knows I have enough stuff...

Will ponder. Will play.



And on another tangent, my Kindle tells me I have read 11 books so far this year. Six weeks into the year? Yeah, that sounds about right. It tells me that LAST year I read 87. And that's only on the Kindle. I know I read at least two physical books in that time.

I read Remarkably Bright Creatures, and can wholeheartedly recommend it. It's the one about the octopus.
Just read it and you'll see. :-)




9 comments:

Kathy said...

All those pieces and parts would be such a fun quilt! You are always so disciplined in your quilt making, going wild on this one seems like it would be a good time! Go for it!

Elle said...

OMG such a fabulous book!

Happy Thursday :-)

Rootie said...

Re: Remarkably Bright Creatures.
I just logged on to my Public Library and there are 394 holds ahead of me. Did they all read your recommendation? Thanks for the joy you bring with your column and your lovely quilts.

Mari said...

I just had the same experience as another commenter-- 292 people ahead of me! Must be a wonderful book. Have fun playing with all those pieces!

Sewgirl said...

You have a good start to a fun car quilt....I can't wait to see what you come up with, as it seems everything you do is always stunning!

Nancy J said...

A fun quilt, I can see your name letters there somewhere, and so much to play with.

Marianne said...

I'm impressed you've read so many books so far this year! I have finished 4. Loved Remarkably Bright Creatures when I read it last year and bought copies for family members immediately thereafter!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Remarkably Bright Creatures was on my wish list a year ago and the kids gifted it to me. For some ridiculously unknown reason, I didn't read it (Kindle version) until last month. I LOVED IT! Have fun fondling the orphans whether or not they actually turn into a quilt top or not. Sometimes it is good just to let them see the light of day (for them and for you).

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hi Millie, I'm quite taken with that Prism quilt in your last post. This is a joyful kind of quilt you have on the go here. I love words in quilts. Definitely a fun quilt. Happy Stitching from me!