Friday, February 23, 2024

Pink

 

Here's the light pink block.

I'm not generally a pastel fan but these blocks are so pretty. When I envisioned making a quilt of mostly light fabrics, I'm not quite sure I had something like this in mind.

Here are all the blocks together. Clearly the bright colored block doesn't fit, but neither does the black and white one or the white one with the dots. And nothing has been trimmed down to a particular size.

I kinda like these as big rectangles. We'll see. Regular readers know I like to see what happens on the design wall and go from there. I'm just going to keep going and see where this takes me.

5 comments:

Charlotte M. said...

I actually think the black does look good. But, time and more blocks will tell. Loving this whole project.

Kathy said...

Keep on with this path! It's looking pretty cohesive from this distance. By the time you get a few more made, in whatever color combo, it may have given you it's final plan. The different sized rectangles add to the charm and I know you have no problem fitting odd shapes together. This light fabric thing is working!

JustGail said...

I like the black, it reads as grays in the photo. The dots also work, but *maybe* I'd swap out the darker patch for something a bit more subtle. Then again, it might appear different in person.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I quite like the light black block with the other light colors. I agree that the brights on lights seem too bright at this point and the dots on white almost seem to disappear (which they do not when viewed alone). Keep going - you are having fun!

Michele in Harrisburg said...

I agree that the black and white works with the pastel colors. The other two, well, it looks like you've got two quilts going. And, as always, I enjoy watching your process!